INFLUENCING FOR LEADERS
As organizations become flatter, a leader’s ability to exert influence becomes even more critical to their success and the success of the organization. Whether recruiting and motivating employees, partnering with stakeholders, getting superiors and colleagues to support their initiatives, managing client expectations, seeking resources, generating new business, or moving projects forward in a timely and effective manner, leaders need to be able to effectively influence and gain the support of others.
Influencing for Leaders is built on the premise that no single influencing approach will work in all situations, especially in today’s culturally diverse work environments and in situations that involve not only face to face influencing but also virtually influencing by phone, e-mail and in other forums such as meetings and presentations. Customizable for management and non-management employees as well as distinct employee groups (e.g., Human Resources staff, Sales staff, other functions) our program provides a systematic, multi-pronged approach to developing and executing influencing strategies that get results.
Influencing for Leaders is a highly interactive program facilitated by seasoned practitioners who have developed influencing methodologies that have proven to be successful in a wide variety of contexts: one-on-one, organizationally and virtually. Participants will have the opportunity to observe, practice and learn from real-time, real-life cases and scenarios that will immediately add value to the organization.
- Learn to apply a systematic approach to influencing
- Create more powerful goals and objectives as a foundation for effective influencing
- Analyze and evaluate situations and conditions to develop appropriate influencing strategies
- Leverage the perspectives and needs of business partners to gain support for stated goals
- Move others to view you as being on their team rather than as an adversary
- Gain support for ideas and build consensus within and across teams
- Understand the dynamics of influencing among multiple parties
- Enhance the ability to exert influence without direct authority, through others and with superiors
- Handle difficult individuals, avoid impasse and overcome deadlocks when they arise
- Leverage influencing skills to manage change and foster innovation
To find out more about Influencing for Leaders, please contact Jeri Wilson, Director Cerulean Client Relations, at 310-413-8773 or email Jeri@CeruleanLeadership.com.