New Leadership Competencies
New Leadership Competencies for the C-Suite and Senior Executives
The role of executives at the highest echelons of the organization has transitioned from that of uber-manager to one of story-teller, facilitator, mentor, and coach responsible for aligning vision, fostering collaboration and creativity, developing staff and inspiring and retaining top talent.
Potential outcomes include:
- Co-creating and aligning vision and strategy across the organization collaboratively
- Building new leadership competencies such as story-telling, visioning, creation of meaning at work, and the ability to reconcile opposing viewpoints to build consensus
- Transformational strategies for architecting organizational culture, managing change, and creating a more empowering, inspiring and healthy organizational environment
- Development of effective organizational communication frameworks
- Decentralizing decision-making
- Approaches to unleash individual and organizational diversity, imagination, creativity and interdisciplinary thinking
- Greater understanding of the art of leading and managing through others
- Understanding and applying the concepts of organizational integration and differentiation
- Ability to institutionalize the “symbolic frame” of leadership across the organization, which includes elements such as celebration, acknowledgement, and visual and inspirational representations of employee success and organizational culture.
- Strategies for effective cross-sectoral leadership - the nuances of managing partnerships between private, public and government entities
To find out more about New Leadership Competencies for the C-Suite and Senior Executives, please contact Jeri Wilson, Director Cerulean Client Relations, at 310-413-8773 or email jeri@CeruleanLeadership.com.